10 Dec 2015

Review: Maybelline Colour Sensational Creamy Mattes lipstick

I love an opaque lip and when Maybelline released these a couple of months ago, I knew it was only a matter of time before I gave in a bought a shade or two.

There were 6 shades released in the UK and Ireland, as opposed to almost 20 shades in the USA. The 6 shades that were released here were:
  • Siren in Scarlet - Deep Hollywood red
  • Craving Coral - Orange based coral
  • Divine Wine - Plumb/burgundy wine
  • Nude Embrace - Beige Nude
  • Rose Rush - Light Rose Pink
  • Magnetic Magenta - Hot pink Magenta
The shades that stood out to me from this collection were Divine Wine and Rose Rush. Divine wine is a beautiful deep burgundy plumb shade. Rose rush is a gorgeous light pink nude.



These lipsticks have a velvety, creamy consistency that are very pigmented and opaque. They are very comfortable on the lips and feel very moisturizing. I didn't find that they dried my lips out, unlike some matte lipsticks.

They wear a long time with only the need to re-apply every couple of hours. These wear away evenly and the two shades I have don't wear off patchy, but I can't vouch for the other shades as I don't own them.

Overall I love these lipsticks. Maybelline lipsticks have always been my favorite but the Creamy Mattes is definitely my favorite formula. I hope they bring out more shades!

Love
Jenstaromakeup
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment