13 Jan 2014

A year of empties 2013


A year of empties 2013

At the end of December 2012 I was cleaning out my make-up and beauty stash and decided that I had way to much and wanted to downsize my hoard! I am one of those people that when I see something new I have to give it a go, I use it once or twice and it gets left in a drawer. Well no more!

I decided that for 2013 I wasn't going to buy any make-up or beauty products (OK I slipped a bit the mac Archie's girls and RiRi hearts collections were calling to me!) so for the whole year whenever I finished a product I put the empty packaging into a basket,  and at the end of the year it showed me just exactly what I use regularly and what I could do without buying again!

I managed to use up 180 items!! That's a lot by my standards of never completely finishing anything. It also means that because I wasn't really buying any make-up or beauty items I actually managed to save a good bit of money!!

Below is a list of the number of products I managed to use up!

19 Shampoos
14 Conditioners
14 Shower gels/soap
8 Deodorants
9 Face items
28 Face wipes
3 Mouth wash
7 Toothpaste
3 Hairspray
3 Dry shampoo
1 Moroccan oil
2 Shaving gel
2 Nail varnish remover
1 Hand treatment
4 Body moisturiser
4 Perfumes
2 Concealers
8 Foundations
4 Face powders
1 Bronzer
1 Blusher
1 Lip scrub
3 Lip balm
1 Lip stick
1 Lip gloss
5 Mascaras
3 Eye-liners
1 Eye-shadow primer
1 Eye make-up remover
1 Bottle of tan
1 Nail base coat
1 Brush cleanser
3 Candles
20 Samples


What I have learned from this is that I don't have to buy any more blushes or bronzes or lip products any time soon as it takes so long to use these products up. I used most of the samples along with my Mac brush cleanser to clean my make-up brushes.

If anyone would like a review on any of the products I have finished please let me know as it easier to give your opinion when you have completely used up the product.

Love,

Jenstaromakeup

No comments:

Post a Comment