15 Mar 2016

5 Easy St. Patrick's Day Nail Art Ideas



I love some quick and easy nail art especially for the holidays. Below are 5 very easy nail art Ideas for Paddy's Day!

Lady Luck:
  • I started by painting my nails with 2 coats of a white polish
  • Once dry I used a small nail art brush and a gold polish and wrote the word LUCK diagonally across the nail
  • Taking some green polish and a dotting tool, I made the shape of a shamrock in the top left hand corner and made three little dots along the other corners.
  • I added a diamante to the center of the shamrock
  • Once dry I finished with a clear top coat
Emerald Marble:
  • I started by getting a cup of room temperature water (use an old cup that your can keep for water marbling or use a disposable plastic cup)
  • I then used green and white polish and placed drops into the water, one inside the other like a bulls eye.
  • Then taking a dotting tool or a cocktail stick, I swirled the polish around into the design I wanted
  • Once you have the design the way you want it, dip your nail face down into the design.
  • Before removing the nail, take your dotting tool or cocktail stick and remove all the excess polish from the water.
  • Remove the nail and let it dry completely
  • Once dry finish with a top coat.
  • I added a little gold Diamante to keep with the Irish flag colours.
Glitter Tricolour:
  • I started by painting the nail white
  • Once dry I added a stripe of clear polish down one side for the nail. I used green glitter and a small fan brush and dusted the glitter on top of the wet polish.
  • I used the same method with the white and gold glitters
  • Once everything was dry I tapped off any excess glitter
  • I finished with a cleat top coat to make sure the glitter was sealed and wouldn't come off.
Kiss me i'm Irish:
  • I started by painting my nails with 2 coats of an orange polish
  • Once dry I used black acrylic paint and a very small detail nail art brush and wrote the words 'Kiss me I'm Irish'
  • I added some green holographic hexagons to the bottom of the nail
  • I finished with a clear top coat
Crock o' Gold:
  • I started by paining the nail with 2 coats of a green polish
  • Once dry I used black acrylic paint to make the shape of a crock
  • I used white acrylic paint to outline the shape
  • I used gold holographic stars and hearts to look like gold coins (I didn't have anything round handy)
  • Once everything was dry I applied a clear top coat to the whole nail.
Hope you like them!

Love
Jenstaromakeup
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment