21 Apr 2016

Review: Makeup Revolution Ultra Salvation Lip Collection


I bought this lip collection around Christmas as I thought it would be a great way of trying different formulas of lip colours from Makeup Revolution.

In this collection you receive 2 Velvet lip lacquers, 2 ultra velour lip colours and 2 intense lip lacquers. They give you a variety of different shades and each shade contains 7ml of product. The only thing I found about the packaging that annoyed me was the fact that they never put the shade name either on the box or the tube.


Velvet Lip Lacquers:

The velvet lip lacquers are described as long lasting lip glosses that goes on as a liquid and dries to a highly pigmented, bold matte finish, which stays in place for hours. The two velvet shades you received in this collection were a nude and a light almost baby pink.

These shades swatch OK on the hand but are terrible on the lips! It's a very light mousse texture that has a slightly greasy feel to it on the lips. They clung to every patch of dry skin on my lips and they don't last at all. They aren't very pigmented and they look almost milky on the lips. They also have a very overwhelming vanilla scent! Overall these weren't my favorite formula at all.


Ultra Velour:

The ultra velour lip creams are described as having an intense colour, comfortable finish lip cream with a matte finish. The two ultra velour shades you received are a hot barbie pink and a very deep plum/purple. 

The shades are great colours and are highly pigmented! They swatch really well on the hand and apply really well to the lips. The only thing bad about these is that they wear off really flaky and patchy! They do dry down to a super matte finish and you will definitely need a bottle of oily  eye makeup remover near you when you want to take these off as they wont budge with anything else. I found the center of my lips wore off terribly but I was left scrubbing the outside lip line trying to get the rest of it off. You can kind of see in the lip swatch picture of the pink shade , that it is already starting to wear off in the center of the bottom lip and that's just after applying it!


Intense Lip Lacquers:

These are described as a long wearing, high shine colour to give the lips a full, bold and glossy look. The two shades you receive of the intense lip lacquers are a deep red and a vibrant purple.

These were definitly my favourite formula and the shades were amazing! They were easy to apply but did have to be built up a bit ti avoid any streaks. But they are definitly the best formula out of the three available in this collection. I couldnt believe how pigmented they were untill I applied them.

Overall I think the only formula I would buy again would be the intense lip lacquers, the other two I would avoid, especially the velvet's!

I hope this helps if you are looking to try some of the Makeup Revolution lip colour formulas!

Love
Jenataromakeup
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment