8 May 2014

My experience with Debenhams on-line

So I placed an order online with Debenhams on 16th February and received the standard order confirmation email. The next day 17th February I received an email stating that my order had been dispatched and routed to a courier.

I hadn't received my order by 28th February and I was getting a little worried, so I emailed their customer service and received a bog standard reply saying my query had been forwarded to the relevant person. I didn't receive anything else. In total I emailed them 4 times between 28th February and 11th march and I didn't get any response. By then I was so annoyed I rang their customer care line on 12th march and the woman said "you should have received it by now", HELLO!! I wouldn't be ringing you if I had received it!

I asked for a refund and they said it would take 72 hours, which I thought was a bit much since it hadn't taken them that long to take the money off my card! So I waited the 72 hours. And still no sign of the money or my items.

I then had to go to my bank and fill in a disputed transaction form which in turn ment I had to cancel my card!  Which took over a week to arrive!

Still no contact from Debenhams and then I finally received a generic email from them stating that my returned order had been received,  I hadn't received it to return it!!! I finally got my refund on 1st April!

The customer service in Debenhams is non-existent and for a supposedly reputable company I am very surprised! Needless to say I will never purchase anything on line with them again! I would strongly advise that if you are thinking of purchasing something on line with them, please google other peoples experiences!!!

Rant over now!

Love
Jenstaromakeup
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment