24 May 2015

Review: New Penny's P.S. Love... Makeup

I was recently browsing around Penny's (Primark in the UK) and came across these new beauties. I picked up a body bronzer, a shimmer bronzer, a makeup brush cleanser, and eye shadow quad and a foundation. The products are very affordable and sometimes you come across a hidden gem! Most of  you know by now my love affair with their felt tip liner!

The first thing I picked up was a body bronzer for €4. I thought this would be good for the summer to use on my neck, chest and shoulders, just to give me a bit of colour and a hint if a glow. It has a bit of shimmer in it and the colour is nice and not orange at all. Overall I think its well worth the €4. 

Next I picked up the shimmery bronzer. I can't remember how much it was as I threw away the packaging but I think it was only around €3. This is very shimmery and has very chunky glitter in it! I probably wont use it as a bronzer but it might make a nice eye shadow as the colour is really pretty. I'll have to give it a go and see.

I also picked up a makeup brush cleanser for €2.50. I like to use this to spot clean my brushes between deep cleaning. I generally deep clean my brushes once a week but this is good for in between washes. You just spray it on the dirty brush and wipe it clean on a tissue. It really does get the majority of the old colour out of the brushes. It's definitely worth the €2.50 I paid.

I picked up an eyeshadow quad. The one I picked up is a more on the neutral shades but I think they might have had another one that had more purpley colours in it. The neutral one comes with 2 shimmery shades and 2 matte shades. It comes with a matte brow bone colour, a matte brown which I would use as a transition shade, a light shimmery champagne which I would use on the lid, and finally a shimmery dark brown which I would use on the outer V and to deepen the crease. It also comes with a decent sized mirror and a sponge applicator (I despise these). Overall its a good quad for €2.50 and the colours are very pigmented and blend out well.

Finally I picked up a foundations. The shade I got was "light" and I think there may have been one or two more shades. This was only €3. It says that it has an oil free formula that it enriched with vitamin E. I'd say it has a satin finish, It's definitely not matte which is what I usually like, but once you powder over it, it does appear matte. I also usually like a full coverage foundation as I have rosacia but I found this covered it nicely. It's not full coverage but I'd say between medium and full. I feel it lasted a decent amount of time throughout the day. I wore it to work one day and it was still the same as when I pt it on when I got home. It also didn't oxidise throughout the day or separate. I think it's a very good foundation for the money.

Well that's all I picked up from Penny's. If you have found a hidden gem from Penny's please let me know!

Love
Jenstaromakeup
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment